Saw Mill Clean-up/Laborer (2nd Shift)
Bethel, ME 04217 US
- Clean throughout the mill, from outside mill offices, yard, sawmill, and planer mill.
- Sweep, clean, shovel, and pick up material off the operation floor and in/around equipment;
- Place gathered material into the proper waste stream;
- Perform minor maintenance duties such as: changing drive belts or greasing machinery;
- Know and use correct LOTO (lock out/tag out) procedures;
- Empty trash cans daily.
- Fill in as watchman as required.
- Wear all required personal protective equipment;
- Know and understand Hancock Lumber’s Safety and Mission Statements;
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Knowledge of lumber industry;
- Ability to read, write, and interpret documents such as: safety rules,
- Ability to remain focused;
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment or alone as shift dictates.
- Lift 60# from floor to waist, lift 40# from waist to shoulder;
- Carry 60# over a distance exceeding 12 feet;
- Push 100# in a wheeled cart;
- Stand on a cement floor level repeatedly;
- Bend, stoop, or squat to floor level repeatedly;
- Reach over head to grasp materials;
- Ability to walk up and down stairs to access machinery.