Job Number: 41043
Pay Rate: 17.12-22.15
Our client is looking for a temporary certified phlebotomist/lab assistant to work at their Portsmouth, NH office. The right candidate must have at least 1 year of phlebotomy experience, pass a mandatory background check and also provide proof of vaccinations before hire. If there is a need for a phlebotomist at the Gorham Maine location, they may ask for this person to travel if available. The hours for this position are Mon - Fri anywhere from 7: 30 am to 5: 30 pm. These would be 8-hour shifts that can vary each day. The pay rate of $17.12-$22.15/hr. Please apply today for immediate consideration.
- Dispose of contaminated sharps, in accordance with applicable laws, standards, and policies.
- Organize or clean blood-drawing trays, ensuring that all instruments are sterile and all needles, syringes, or related items are of first-time use.
- Draw blood from veins by vacuum tube, syringe, or butterfly venipuncture methods.
- Match laboratory requisition forms to specimen tubes.
- Dispose of blood or other biohazard fluids or tissue, in accordance with applicable laws, standards, or policies.
- Conduct standards tests, such as blood alcohol, blood culture, oral glucose tolerance, glucose screening, blood smears, or peak and trough drug levels tests.
- Draw blood from capillaries by dermal puncture, such as heel or finger stick methods.
- Collect fluid or tissue samples, using appropriate collection procedures.
- Perform saline flushes or dispense anticoagulant drugs, such as Heparin, through intravenous (IV) lines, in accordance with licensing restrictions and under the direction of a medical doctor.
- Administer subcutaneous or intramuscular injects, in accordance with licensing restrictions.
- Measles/Mumps/Rubella immunizations OR Measles/Mumps/Rubella titer showing immunity
- Varicella immunization dates OR documented history of disease OR Varicella titer showing immunity
- Hepatitis B series of three injections OR Signed statement of Declination OR Hepatitis B titer showing immunity
- TB screening within the last 12 months
- Completed COVID-19 Vaccinations (Two Pfizer, Two Moderna or One Johnson/Johnson)