Augusta, ME 04330 US
WORK LOCATION(S) - Throughout Kennebec CountyWORK SETTING - In PersonREQUIREMENTS - You must be legally authorized to work in the United States.PAY RATE: $20 per hour Qualifications:
- Prior experience in general facilities, building and construction trade or practices
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to travel, valid driver’s license and reliable transportation equipped suitably for the season and capable of transporting tools and supplies
- Ability to use tools, carry equipment and supplies and climb ladders up to 6 feet in height
- Ability to work effectively with others
- Excellent communicating skills
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to complete tasks on a timely basis and with attention to detail
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office products
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of hand and power equipment in a safe and effective manner; must have own hand tools/basic tool kit
- Essential Qualifications
- Must have the ability to frequently move, lift, pull and push objects such as boxes, supplies, tools up to 15 lbs; must have the ability to occasionally move, lift, pull and push objects such as boxes, supplies, tools from 15 lbs. to 100 lbs.
- Must have the ability to continuously operate maintenance tools and equipment listed below and frequently perform moderately difficult manipulative tasks including installation of smoke detectors and light fixtures, and replacement of faucets and drain pipes.
- Must be able to frequently drive a car
- Must be able to occasionally perform tasks requiring hand-eye coordination and steadiness of motion such as drilling, sawing and taking measurements. Required to occasionally climb stairs, ladders and withstand heights of over 8 feet.
- Must be able to walk continuously and frequently stoop, stand, squat, kneel, twist, bend to floor, reach with hands/arms, climb stairs and remain in uncomfortable positions, at times for prolonged periods.
- Must be able to continuously articulate and communicate clearly and precisely when interacting with staff, professionals, government officials, property owners, boards, agencies, contractors, applicants and tenants
- Must be able to continuously hear normal sounds and voice patterns, receive verbal instructions, communicate with others and answer a phone with some background noise
- Must be able to detect the smell of smoke, propane and natural gas and other fuels.
- Must be able to continuously concentrate on moderate details with frequent interruption;
- Must be able to frequently attend to tasks for up to 45 minutes at a time;
- Must be able to frequently understand and relate to ideas generally several at a time and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written or oral form;
- Must be able to continuously remember verbal and written tasks.
- Work is performed primarily inside apartments and community rooms year round
- Frequent exposure to outside seasonal weather
- Noise level is usually moderate
- Occasional exposure to toxins, hazardous materials, electrical and mechanical hazards, dust and loud unpleasant noises.
- Phones, including portable phone
- Copier, printer, fax
- Writing utensils and assorted office supplies
- Electrical and plumbing accessories
- Tools – including but not limited to: drills, saws, hammers, wrenches, screwdrivers, gloves, goggles, masks, back support, respirator, earmuffs, GFI pigtail, tag/lockout breakers, tape measure