Sanford, ME 04073
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directs the activities of the company s mechanical and electrical engineers, electrical technicians, Engineers and other Engineering staff.
- Supports safety practices, programs, and guidelines
- Participates in the development of the annual operations plan/budget with goals and milestones that meet the goals of the strategic plan on an annual basis
- Supports new product concepts in conjunction with input from Executive Management, Sales, Marketing, customers, etc.
- Collaborates with customer design, Purchasing, and Marketing teams to provide OEM solutions for their product requirements.
- Develops and helps maintain intellectual property including: patents, trademarks, copy rights, trade secrets, etc.
- Oversees collaboration with Production Test in updating/modifying (when necessary) test procedures for all products
- Provides Sales, Marketing, and Technical Services Departments with any required technical assistance.
- Provides technical assistance to Customer Service for quotation proposals
- Develops and documents engineering standards and specifications
- Prepares or approves all electrical product documentation
- Develops electrical/electronic schematics
- Oversees electrical designs to assure accuracy of drawings and diagrams for assembly
- Is a resource for outsourcing all related parts and components
- Is a resource for preparing cost evaluations
- Communicates with manufacturing departments to interpret and revise both designs and work practices for continuous improvement (Design for Manufacturing & Assembly, DFMA)
- Supports product designs to meet long and short-term strategic business growth goals
- Reviews designs to assure conformity to NSF, CSA, TUV and UL guidelines as well as any other appropriate governing or controlling agencies and special customer requirements
- Develops processes to relentlessly improve engineering/administrative and design throughput to meet deadlines
- Reviews Engineering Change Requests as required
- Provides value to our customers by using and encouraging associates to use Lean tools and concepts to identify and eliminate waste in all forms (scrap/rework, transportation, motion, waiting, inventory, over production, over processing, and under-utilization of people).
- Uses systematic thinking by seeing processes from end to end and works to challenge the status quo to eliminate the root cause of problems. Is involved in individual and/or team activities that involve using Lean tools and concepts to improve the flow of information and material.
- Oversees the maintenance of documentation of all designs
- Assures proper staffing and ensures his/her staff meets schedules
- Establishes department metrics and performance standards
- Leads, directs, and professionally develops the team under his/her direction
- Keeps abreast of and/or assigns maintenance of computer software and hardware for documentation
- Oversees the maintenance of the controlled original copy of various standards/regulations as assigned; may host external auditor for standards/regulations, as applicable
- Performs other projects, tasks, and responsibilities as assigned by the General Manager