Job Number: 40494
Pay Rate: 20.50
Our client, located in Brunswick, is looking for experience cooks for their busy dining commons. The right candidate must have a Culinary Arts degree or 3 of years progressive cooking experience, knowledge of: federal, state and local health, sanitation and safety guidelines related to the operation of a kitchen; quality taste standards for menu and catering; menu, food labeling, and recipe ingredients as they relate to special dietary needs and requests, and ServSafe certification.
Job duties include:
- Prepare daily menu items.
- Provide leadership in daily kitchen operations.
- Operate all kitchen cooking equipment.
- Maintain workspace in a clean and sanitary manner.
- Supervise kitchen staff in absence of Head Chef and Assistant Chef.
This position offers varying shifts including frequent overtime, weekends, holidays and during weather emergencies. Required to work during major college events and weekends.
This is a direct hire position with benefits including:
* Health insurance with HSA
* Dental and vision
* Retirement plan
* Life and disability insurance
* 2 weeks of vacation and 12 days of sick time
* Scholarship and tuition assistance program
* Employee assistance program
* Childcare program - Fee-based, for children from infancy to 5 years old
*** Must be fully vaccinated from COVID-19\. No exceptions. ***